Continued Funding Post-Kickstarter

10thTARDIS

Staff member
Alpha Squadron
QA Tester
That's because they "moved over to social media". Their words not my.
Yeah. I understand their reasoning, but... I dunno, I feel like social media is a great way to promote yourself, but a really lousy way to actually engage consistently with people. My employer (office of res life at my university) has a decent social media presence, but all our community engagement is done in person or through emails, because it's really hard to actually have any sort of conversation or to drive engagement with people over Twitter or Facebook.

I'm hoping it doesn't come back to bite Impeller. It seems like most of the companies with a strong and enthusiastic userbase also have a strong online community that they engage in a consistent manner with.

Jaxley

Well, social media or not - a storefront can't be established on Facebook. If that's the direction they want to go, that's cool - I would just like to know if there will be an option to continue project funding somehow.

Jaxley

Update #25 posted to Kickstarter:

"The studio website is the source for company news and product updates, as well as the home of our forums and, coming soon, a storefront where you can purchase the game, add-ons, and merchandise."

Link here

There. I'm happy now.

Viking

Alpha Squadron
Personally, I won't see much of the social media talk, since I don't use FaceBook or Twitter. I do use Google+ though (although very seldom) but I don't think Impeller Studios use G+ much.

Hey everyone, on behalf of community and social media team at Impeller studios,

Yes, as confirmed on our Kickstarter page, we are preparing to launch a storefront on our Impeller Studios website. for those who wish to purchase merchandise and further fund and support Starfighter Inc. We're thrilled to know that so many of you are eager to do so!

As for concerns about our online presence, it’s true that this forum has been quiet lately, but we’ve been putting in quite a lot of effort elsewhere to engage with the community. We’ve done three separate AMAs on reddit, we respond to tons of comments and questions on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, and Kickstarter and of course we created an extensive FAQ. We’ve been working hard to engage with the community in places where it tends to gather the most.

If there is now a lot of demand for us to be more active on these forums, then we can certainly do that. Let us know what you think is best. Please keep in mind that we are still a very small team with limited bandwidth - development must remain our top priority. But we do want to hear from you, and we want you to know that we're listening and value your engagement. We're all in this together now!

Jaxley

Well... I can only speak for myself, but I kinda like the forums. I'm a long-time high-pledge backer of Star Citizen, and I was a bit bummed when they moved everything to Spectrum. Don't get me wrong, I actually really like Spectrum, but there's something about the simplicity of a classic forum that I really like. That's just me though.

Then again, I'm the weird one among all my friends and family that doesn't use or like social media. Besides, you guys found really cool forum software - use it!

Viking

Alpha Squadron
We’ve done three separate AMAs on reddit, we respond to tons of comments and questions on Facebook, Twitter, Discord [...]
Of these, I'm only using Discord.

[...] I kinda like the forums.
Second that!

I'm a long-time high-pledge backer of Star Citizen, and I was a bit bummed when they moved everything to Spectrum.
Me too. :)

I'm the weird one among all my friends and family that doesn't use or like social media.
Ditto. :)

Actually, I think it'd be best if all news was communicated on the main website and all discussions in the forums, not spread around on different social media. CIG, who makes Star Citizen, use social media extensively, often instead of their webiste, and hence I'm always one of the few who miss things - even if I'm following the project closely every day.

If you're determined to use social media, then please replicate all news (including videos, images, polls, ...) on your website.