Behind the Scenes, Courtesy of The Escapist

Coray Seifert

Impeller Staff
Staff member
One of our goals on this project has been to provide unprecedented access for this community to the people, thoughts and ideas behind Starfighter Inc. Towards that goal, Lead Designer David Wessman, Technical Designer Zach Hajj, and Director of Being a Handsome Devil Coray Seifert wrote a dev diary for The Escapist, which dropped this week.

The Ecapist is and has been one of our favorite games sites out there and we're thrilled to play a small part in that awesome publication with a glimpse into the thinking behind Starfighter.

In particular, some highlights:

• David talking about the very early days of the project: "...he told me about this "cockpit shooter" they were working on and asked if I'd be interested in helping out. I believe my immediate response was, 'hell fucking yeah!'"
  • Zach blowing our mind again with words like "Quite simply, human imagination on its own is limited, but nature is vast and expanding with our understanding, and we can harness that to create new worlds: "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
  • ...and as always, VP of Hair Product Seifert sums it up most eloquently: "Working with these hard science lunatics has been absolutely fantastic."
We hope you'll hope over to The Escapist and jump into the comments section there, or post any hard-science-y questions you might have right in the comments section here. We love hashing out our thinking for the game as well as finding out what systems and mechanics you all are interested in seeing come to life.

As always, thank you all for being a part of our big Impeller family.

Cheers,

/Coray & The Starfighter Inc. Team